Thursday, July 2, 2009

My first camping trip...

I went camping last weekend and had a blast!! 

We set out on Friday afternoon heading for Quan Dong (about an hour north of Broome) we soon discovered all the sites there were full, so we continued onto Prices Point - just a little further north. 

We went with another family.  Dad works with Ben at the ABC. Ben and Anna have two kids Tully (5 years old) and Will (18 months old). Here they are playing in the sand.

Here is our campsite. We had a great big shady tree to sit under.

The big majestic pindan cliffs...and a deserted beach. You can see our camp just at the base of the cliffs in the distance.

Ben checking on the kayaks as the tide comes in. 

Dad and Ben went out on the kayaks for a spot of fishing on Saturday. Here's Dad tending to his new fishing rod post-fishing and paddling.
I had a great time on the beach playing with the sand.
Over the weekend, Tully helped look after me. She gave me my bottles, helped to put me down for my naps, played with me and gave me lots and lots of cuddles.
The road to Prices Point...

A local inhabitant - apparently a black headed python. Don't worry, we took this from the safety of the car! Although  after we saw this, Mum and Dad kept looking down at their feet and were muttering something about 'unwanted passengers'.

No comments: