Thursday, May 28, 2009

Perth -May 09


We all survived the flight across to Perth! I wasn't so keen on the bassinet thing on the plane, especially when the alternative was sleeping in Dad's arms! The 'dad option' is so much more comfortable. Der! Mum and Dad were so busy during the flight they didn't even get to watch a movie! Although to be honest, I don't think they really thought they'd be able to!

When we got to Perth we were met by Paw Paw (Grandma Woo) and Kong Kong (Grandpa Woo). They were both very excited to see me as I'd grown heaps since they last saw me.

I got my first cold in Perth. Mum and Dad came down with it too. We're not too sure who started it - but we shared it around all the same. It was everyone's first experience of sleepless nights. Not pretty. It was a strange coincidence that the talking heads on the television couldn't stop talking about some swine-thingy. Lucky that wasn't what we caught! 

The weather in Perth was glorious. A real extension of summer for us. Such a treat! There was lots of lawn-time, which suited me fine as I LOVE N.F.T. (nappy free time).


...and I still love to hold and suck my toes too. Aunty Kate calls me 'Mr Suck-My-Toe' because that's just what I do! I also discovered buffalo grass was quite prickly, as you can see by the surprised expression on my face in the picture above.


We caught up with lots of friends over the two weeks and on Mother's Day, Paw Paw and Kong Kong hosted a lunch at their place. There were heaps of people and a total of 9 mums in attendance! I met lots of relatives and had loads of cuddles with everyone. 

Here I am having cuddles with Aunty Bin, who did heaps to help choose my middle name. She also used to help cuddle my Mum and Aunty Linda when they were babies!

We also went to visit Chloe and Marcella before we left.

....oh, and I discovered rusks! YUM!



No comments: